Cortex Archive is a cloud image archive that provides offsite storage for imaging exams and reports.
The archive comes with a zero-footprint image viewer (web-based) that offers access to any imaging exam or report on any device.
- Uninterrupted access in the case of PACS downtime.
- Extension to the site’s local storage capabilities.
- No need for a bulk data migration in the event of a change of PACS system – all that needs to be done is to connect
the online archive to the new PACS.
- Storage for all imaging data (potentially from multiple specialties) in one place.
- Clinicians get a unified view of the imaging data; facility gets a unified backup and disaster recovery strategy.
- Includes an electronic case sharing application, which allows facilities to distribute results in a timely and
secure manner to all interested parties (referring physicians, specialists, the patient), track accesses, revoke accesses.
- Zero-footprint viewer gives users the ability to access full-fidelity (lossless) images and reports from anywhere with a
Cortex Archive consists of a Vendor-Neutral Archive (VNA) combined with a document management system (XDS),
master patient index (MPI), and web-based viewer. Also included is an Audit Repository (ATNA) to keep track of who
accessed what patient records, from where, and when.
Cortex was motivated by the thought that there should be a cost-effective way to bring the power of
VNA, connectivity, and sharing to end-users without the expense and risk of complex deployment projects.
Enterprises may subscribe to our cloud archive, which is available as a service. Users who prefer to manage their
own VNA may opt for an in-house or private cloud instance of Cortex.
Cortex is brought to you by Leafsprout Healthcare.